GpsXtended for Pocket PCExtend the power of your GPS. View aerial photography & maps and record unlimited points. Easy to use GPS field program, perfect for the professional or recreational enthusiast.
Version: 2.5 Pocket PC 2003
GpsXtended by: Gecko Software Mapping Solutions, last updated: 18/09/2005
Requirements: Pocket PC, PPC2002, PPC2003 a Windows-based PC for map library and file conversion features..
About GpsXtendedWelcome to Adobe GoLive 5 GPSXTENDED GpsXtended Xtends the power of GPS. GpsXtended is an easy to use Pocket PC application for field survey and navigation. GpsXtended allows you to navigate with any type of raster map or aerial photography using output from your GPS receiver. The GPS receivers can connect to the PPC through the serial/data port or bluetooth, CF, SD and PCMCIA slots. Please visit Gecko Software GpsXtended homepage for more details.
Features of gpsXtended Point Storage and Collection
- Store unlimited waypoints
- GPS point averaging is supported for greater accuracy
- Change waypoint projection
- Records date and time of point recording
- Points can be turned on and off to display on map
- Points can be given a name or assigned a number
- Points can be imported from comma delineated point file
- Points can be exported to CAD DXF format or text file
- Displays raster maps and aerial photography.
- Shows current location and waypoints on map.
- Enter waypoints by touching point on screen
- Displays waypoints in multiple color and symbols
- Reads raster maps and aerial photography which is free from MicroSoft TerraServer
- Shows speed, heading and track
- Calculates average speed and max speed
- Displays elapsed time
- Estimates distance traveled
- Shows current speed, heading, compass bearing and track
- Calculates estimated time of arrival (ETA).
- Calculates distance from current position
- Displays a compass heading and bearing to navigate point.
Acreage, Square feet, square meters, hectares, square kilometers, square miles Projections Supported GpsXtended North American Version supports the following projections. Latitude and Longitude in NAD27 and NAD83 datums
Units decimal degrees UTM zones 0-60 NAD27 and NAD83 datums
Units in meters, kilometers State Plane Projections NAD27 and NAD83 datums
Units in feet, miles GPSXPC Included Program includes a PC file management exchange program. This program is used to export and import point information and to manage map and image libraries.