GPS Speed Sentry for Pocket PCGPS Speed Sentry is a GPS enabled speed monitor/car computer. It monitors your current speed and warns you when you are near or go over one of 6 user defined speed limits.
GPS Speed Sentry by: Tchart Development, last updated: 30/06/2007
Requirements: ARM/MIPS Pocket PC
About GPS Speed SentryBeen caught speeding lately? Sick of getting points deducted? Tired ofdonating your money to the government money making scams that aretermed "safety cameras"?
Tchart development does not endorse driving at excessive speed but likemany we have been nabbed going slightly over the speed limit. GPS SpeedSentry was developed to provide a subtle warning mechanism that you areexceeding the speed limit. This is particularly helpful on those longroad trips when you should be watching the road and not yourspeedometer.
GPS Speed Sentry is more than just a GPS enabled speed monitor/carcomputer. it monitors your current speed and warns you when you arenear or go over one of 6 user defined speed limits, the latest versionof the software can also provide warnings about approaching speedcameras.
It also allows you to view other GPS derived information on a series ofdisplays. Other information includes current/top/average speed, a tripmeter, an odometer, elevation, position, bearing and much more.
- 6 User specified speed limits
- Audible warnings for over the speed limit and nearing speed limit(these can be muted)
- Speed camera warnings (via CSV database)
- All sounds can be customised by the user
- Units can be in imperial or metric, various combinations can be used(e.g. speed mph & elevation in metres)
- Position can be shown in various formats including ordnance surveygrid and easting/northing's (for the united kingdom) as well asmaidenhead grid locators
- Various easy to read information displays (see below)
- Large buttons which allow easy changing of display/speed limit (usingyour finger or stylus)
- Day/night colour schemes
- Support for portrait and landscape orientations
- Support for square screen devices (e.g. hp 6515)
- Windows Mobile 5/6 support (including soft keys and GPS sharingfunctions)
The information displayed by GPS Speed Sentry includes;
- Current speed (in knots, mph or km/hr)
- Average speed
- Top speed
- Trip meter
- 3D compass view also shows bearing and direction
- Speed graph also shows current speed limit
- Elevation graph
- Current latitude and longitude coordinates (in various formats)
- Number of satellites locked & in view
- Satellite sky plot
- Satellite reception bars
- GPS fix type (fix/no fix/2d/3d)
- Data validity
- Coordinated universal time (UTC) date/time & local date/time
- Ordnance Survey Great Britain grid reference
- Maidenhead Grid Locator
GPS Speed Sentry was nominated and became a finalist (top 3) in the GPSutilities category of the Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine's "BestSoftware Awards 2006".